Saturday

June 14

It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I'm sitting in the living room of my new Vancouver apartment on the corner of Broadway and Fraser. I can hear the city sounds bouncing around the streets, cars honking, people talking, bicycles zipping by. It's a busy little corner with a video store across the street and laundry service that folds your underwear into tight little squares. There's also, what seems to be an infinite number of restaurants and cafes in this neighborhood.

And I can't stop smiling.

Matt and I got into Vancouver yesterday afternoon and we've already been to Gastown, Stanley Park, East Hastings and Robson Street. We've seen Chinatown and bought groceries in the East Indian district. I've eaten a Kitsilano cookie from a cafe called Death by Chocolate and the most delicious chicken shawarma I've ever consumed from this little Middle Eastern joint just a few blocks away. And there's still so much to see and eat. I'm going to become the fattest little lady you ever laid eyes on.

Both Matt and I are so happy to finally be here. After a year of planning and saving and maybe even a little fighting, we are finally here and ready to start our life in a new city.

Tom seems a little confused and I think he misses his grandparents out east. There's also two cats that he has to learn to live with. But I'm hoping that he'll learn to adjust and enjoy his new home in Vancouver. It's been a long two weeks for our little fuzz man but I'm sure once we all get into a routine he'll be as happy as a pig in shit...or dog... or whatever.

Anyway, I just want to quickly thank everyone we stayed with along the way and everyone at home who helped us get out here. Everything that you've contributed, big or small, has helped in enormous ways and Matt, Tom and I are eternally grateful for everyone's love and support.

And don't worry. I'll keep updating.

Love you guys and we will be chatting very soon!
xoxox

No comments: