Thursday

September 4

i'm sooooOooooo serious

Yea, that's right. I'm blogging. Twice in one week. It's like I'm on fire or something

I don't really have anything interesting to report but I thought I'd say hello and share a few things with you.

First off, I applied for this Executive Admin. job at the YMCA today, which I would probably consider killing kittens for. Don't get me wrong, I love kittens and wouldn't normally feel any need to harm or maim them, but I want to work at the YMCA. That's so random, I know, but I really feel good about what the YMCA does for the community and I'm really interested in their policies on healthy living and its effects on the community. Also, I'm thinking there's a gym membership in there amongst all the philanthropy, so that would be cool. Anyway, the deadline was today, so here's hoping I get an interview (at the very least).

Secondly, working at the women's shelter and crisis line on Saturday was great. It was a really quiet day (which is good, when you think about it). I got to hang out all day with this incredible woman who has an immense amount of knowledge to share and is quite possibly one of the funniest women I've met in Vancouver. I'm basically just doing orientation so I don't get to do any of the dirty work yet but it's great just to be there and meet the women who live at the house.

Ummm... what else?

Everyone at the house is doing great. Matt loves his new job and he's been working like a madman, which is super since I haven't been. He's also been slaving away around the house, installing dishwashers, rebuilding rotting patios and painting, among a million other things. I get exhausted just watching him.

Tom is also good and fuzzy. His new favorite sleeping spot is on the leather couch we inherited from Nic's sister. I don't know why he loves it so much but it's next to impossible to get him off. Although, the old collar and leash trick works well to get that wad of stink moving. I love taking him for walks up Commercial Drive, we get so many smiles and comments about what a nice dog he is. And they're right, he's so sweet.

Also. I've been eating a lot of almonds lately, which is weird.

Alright, I'm going to read now or nap. I haven't decided which.

Kisses and hugs!
xoxoxox

1 comment:

Natalie Jean said...

Oh stinky stinks like a stinky leather couch!
I love hearing all this news !
Next week I hope to have my sell phone working again so we can chat while I walk across the bridge!