Thursday

September 18

Tom is following me around the house, begging me for a walk. This is the downside to falling into routine. When you break it, guys like Tom end up annoying the crap out of you because you're not taking them for a walk like you usually do. Maybe I should just suck it up and walk him.

But... somehow I don't think that's going to happen. Tonight is a beer, book, and blanket night. It was cold today. And gray. But it matched my mood. All I could think about was crawling into bed and finishing my book while eating a triangle of brie like it's a sandwich and drinking my beer. So that's what I'm going to do.

So I watched the NFB film 'Scream from Silence' last night. It's this really intense French Canadian film about rape and power and guilt. I think everyone should watch this film and think about the fact that 1 in every 4 women are raped or sexually assaulted. I think it's a really important movie for everyone to watch because the social attitudes surrounding male violence are complacent and often skeptical. The movie closely examines how people under appreciate the frequency and seriousness in which sexual assaults occur and the guilt that the women often experience as a result of those social attitudes. So, I guess what I'm saying is, it was a great movie. And it's Canadian, which I find irresistible. Really though, I have impeccable taste in movies so you should just watch it, ok?

With that being said. My birthday is coming up.

I know, what does male violence against women have to do with me being alive and like, awesome?

Well, I was thinking... that if anyone wanted to do anything nice for me for my birthday... that maybe they should... oh, I don't know... donate some money to Vancouver Rape Relief and Women's Shelter. But, you know. It's just a thought.

Alright, I'm off. Beer and books await.

xoxoxox

ps - i was hoping to catch janeane garofalo during the comedy fest here but i totally realized today that her show was yesterday. damn.

1 comment:

Natalie Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.