Monday

September 8


here's cynthia and i preforming in our metal band

No phone call from the Y today. Maybe tomorrow?

House warming party here on Saturday was awesome. I don't know about anyone else but I had a blast. My friend Janina got some great shots of Cynthia and I playing out our dream of starting the world's greatest metal band. Also, I may or may not have been the loudest one at the party. But you guys know me, I wouldn't act like anything but a lady.

And.

I've been reading Heartbreak by Andrea Dworkin. I can only say, I wish I had discovered her writing ten years ago. She's an amazing woman.

Kisses

4 comments:

Julian Real said...

I'm so glad you found her work! Too many of her books are out of print. But fortunately, due to the hard work of activist Nikki Craft, there is an online library of some of her work here: http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/dworkin/OnlineLibrary.html

Personally, I have found Letters From a War Zone, and Right-wing Women to be amazing, as well as Life and Death. The first section of the latter book, called Origins, is excellent, and dispels many misogynist myths about her. One of my very favorite pieces of her writing is this one: http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/dworkin/FirstLoveI.html

I find it to be so honest and powerful, as all of her work is.

I hope she inspires you to find a sense of self that is not dependent on what men think of you, and a form of resistance to a society that still treats women as second class citizens relative to men. Let's hope that the day will come when no woman will have to fear or experience rape, battery, and other forms of systematized violation and violence.

Julian Real said...

P.S. Safe and wonderful travels!!!

Julian Real said...

I'll add that other activists helped Nikki create those websites for and about Andrea Dworkin.

And, if ya want to keep in touch, send me your email address, via my blog (I won't post it) and I'll email you. I know of a wonderful white feminist who is very familiar with Dworkin's work, in Canada, that I could put you in contact with.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. Let's see, that makes ONE person!!! lol

Black Sheep said...

You were right....
I just about pooped!!

But with excitement of you in a metal band! I can't wait to hear your 1st album ;)

Much love and sloppy kisses xx

kk