Wednesday

July 9

So I wrote Heather Mallick a psychotic email the other day telling her how much I love her. To my surprise I got an email response from her today. This has made my year (I know that is sad, but I really do love this woman. She is an amazing writer). Anyway, for your enjoyment:

hello, lovely woman


Your email cheered me up enormously. A young woman loves my work? I get so much hate mail, mainly from middle-aged men, that I just assumed your email would be full of hate too. And this way misanthropy lies.
I am honoured that you read my work, because the only thing I really care about is making life better for young people. I am thrilled that my writing resonates with you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me that you like my writing. Feel free to email me again. Trust me, your words matter to me, just as mine do to you.
Cheers,
Heather (yes, we are now on a first-name basis)
P.S. Do you read David Sedaris? Buy Me Talk Pretty One Day. I love his essays. Anyway I leave you with that, an irritating piece of advice. I'll just shut up now.

1 comment:

Natalie Jean said...

FUCKING EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
way 2 go
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is the best email ever
i want to read the one you sent her
now i shall go and write psychotic emails to all my idols..................
......................... do the dead have emails?

.......................... potential movie idea.............?