Tuesday

July 8

a thrilling picture of me and my backyard
(don't worry, i didn't have a stroke. i'm trying to look nonchalant.)

So I wrote up a resume today that I'm quite pleased with. I also applied for a job at a women's shelter that I would love to get but am not holding my breath for. I am thinking good thoughts though. Hopefully my awesome resume will impress them enough for an interview, in which I would proceed to charm the pants off of my interviewers. Either way, I'm back at it tomorrow sending out resumes left, right and centre.

Aside from that not much to report. I'm sleepy and tired of sitting at my computer (although I do enjoy sitting at my new $16 desk that I made out of random Ikea parts), so I don't really have the motivation to think of clever and witty ways of describing my days here in Vancouver. Thus, I'm going to do a quick update in point form. Enjoy:
  • Almost got peed on yesterday by a crackhead in Chinatown.
  • Cleaned up the front yard this weekend. I'm pretty sure my arm and back muscles have doubled in size since moving into the new house.
  • Discovered that the Army Navy Surplus store has the biggest and most colorful selection of women's shoes I've ever seen in any store before in my whole life.
  • I got to talk to my Mom, Shali and Natalie all within 24 hours. Le sigh...
  • Found a grocery store that has the nicest staff. Ever.
  • Started reading a really good book called the Book of Negroes by Lawerence Hill, which I am going to go read now.
Love you guys!
xoxox

1 comment:

Natalie Jean said...

i think i may have just woke everyone up laughing about the crackhead !!

send photos of your colorful shoes