Friday

July 4

Ok. Time for a real update.

So we are settled into the new place. The bathroom is finished and looks fabulous. We still need a vanity and some paint for the bathroom but that's small potatoes compared to the other stuff Matt and Nic did to it. Somehow we managed to make the 1950's style teal bathtub and toilet look way less ugly, some might say they actually look great now. Go us!

We finally got the living room sort of looking like a living room and we ate our first meal in the dining room the other night. We still need to assemble the entertainment unit we got for free on Craigslist and do some more painting but the house is definitely starting to feel like a home.

This weekend we are planning on tackling the front and backyards. Our (sexy, older) neighbor, John, is a landscaper and he volunteered to come over and give us a hand. We have a lot of nice plants in our backyard, like citronella, mint and fennel, but there are lots of greens back there that are difficult to identify so he will be able to point out what should stay and what should go. (I'll probably just spend most of my time oogling him though. He does yoga and it shows.)

Aside from that, Cynthia and I went and split a membership at Costco. I told her I officially feel like an adult now. I also bought the largest quantity of meat I've ever bought in one shot before in my life. Coming home and wrapping all those nice little chicken titties separately then freezing them also made me feel more mature and responsible somehow. Vancouver is making an adult of me, and a responsible one at that. Who woulda thought?!

Tonight I'm going out for my first girls night. Cynthia, Erin, AJ, and I are going to see the Sex and the City movie (I know, but it's better than staying home and hanging out with Matt and Nic), then going out for a drink. I haven't really had a chance to see what the Vancouver nightlife is like so I'm excited to see what it has to offer.

Anyway, I'm off the start working on my resume. Next week is going to be all job searching all the time. Can't wait!

Love yous!
xoxox