Saturday

July 19

Alright. I suppose since it's 1030pm on a Saturday night and I'm interneting all over myself anyway, I might as well write a real update.

So here's the story.

On Monday I decide I'm going to explore a new and different avenue of job searching. Fuck Service Canada's Job Bank, I tell myself, ten resumes and not one call. So I decide to give Craigslist a go.

I'm browsing the jobs and I come across a listing under film/television that says something like, "Booking Agent for Talent Agency Required." I click the link and read the specifics. Organized, previous experience in the film industry, administrative experience, etc. Hey! That's me they're describing! So, I send my cover letter and resume via email and about 20 minutes later I get a call asking me if I would be interested in an interview.

The next day I show up at this little office in North Vancouver and what should have been a quick little job interview turns into an hour long conversation about the military, SCUBA diving, doggles (goggles for dogs) and, of course, the film industry.

As it turns out, the agency is run by a decorated US Army Veteran who supplies the film industry with background and principal performers who are specially trained in firearms, automatic weapons, and emergency response among other things.

Anyway, about two hours later, I'm out walking Tom and the booking agent that had called me for the interview calls me again to see if I had anymore questions that I'd like to ask and I told him that I forgot to ask what the salary for the position would be. He told me he was unsure but would get the owner to give me a call back to let me know. And BAM! When the guy called back he offered me the job. So I asked him when I could start and he asked me when I would be available to start and I told him tomorrow. See you then, he told me and hung up the phone.

So to make a long story not really that short, I went to work on Wednesday and have been going back every day since then. From what I can tell, it's going to be a fun and challenging job. I'm responsible for the schedules and bookings of almost 100 performers. I also have to be ready for anything at anytime. And the best part, I get to work with some very handsome and buff men and women!

To say the least, I'm very excited about this opportunity!!

With all that said, I'm off to be a little more social than I have been all Saturday night, which essentially means I'm going downstairs to hang out with Nic, Cynthia and Matt. I hope my blog finds everyone well and I miss every inch of everyone of you!!!!

xoxoxox

PS-I'm sending out a special blog 'o love to Shali who was kind enough to supply me with an excellent reference. Love you tonnes lady!!!!

3 comments:

Natalie Jean said...

FUCKING EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
way 2 go
*sigh*
dreams really do come true
maybe you will even meet Arnold Schwarzenegger

charity dawn said...

yes! arnie!!! my hero!

Shali said...

I'm so tickled pink that you got the job! And i loved being your reference... part of me was scared I sounded too in love with you (i.e. not very professional), but I think they were already in love with you too.