Tuesday

November 18

I think my brain has gone on strike. I've been so busy the last few days and I see no hope of things slowing down anytime soon. Not that I want them to, I like being busy, but dear God I am tired. So, apologies in advanced if this particular blog makes no sense.

Ok. So firstly and most importantly, I got my ticket for the Yeasayer show tomorrow. My sweet little boss ladies at the Raging Bean gave me the ticket, which was a nice little treat. I haven't quite figured out why they decided to help out a little music fanatic like me but I'm assuming it's because I'm so damn awesome. I could be wrong about that though.

In other exciting news, I got to visit with one of my favorite people on Sunday. Zach, who I worked with for years at Dharma Sushi, was in Vancouver for the weekend getting ready to head back to the Maritimes. He'd been traveling the world and was recently living up in Nanimo working at a SCUBA resort. Matt and I met up with him and another good friend from Dharma, who now lives in Vancouver as well, at this little dinner downtown. We ended up going back to Zach's friend's place to drink beer and listen to, of all things, Celtic music. The crappy choice of music aside, it was so great to see Zach and get a little dose of Dharma family love.

What else...

Oh. I've been doing a lot of work at Vancouver Rape Relief lately. I signed on to help out one of my fellow ladies with this art project that will eventually be a part of a bigger art exhibit. So, I've been spending the last few days doing a little sewing, a little painting and a lot of creative thinking. It's so ridiculous how happy being crafty makes me but it's even more thrilling to be involved in something that will eventually hang in the Vancouver Art Gallery. Hells yea.

I'm also working on organizing a cinema night at the cafe I work at. I approached my boss ladies with this idea of letting me keep the cafe open later on Friday nights so I could share my love of film with the world. The cafe is already set up with a projector and a pretty decent sound system and I thought it might be a good opportunity to try and generate more business for the cafe. Anyway, they both liked the idea so now it's just a matter of working out a few minor logistics. I'm thinking of having a different theme every month, like December will be Film Noir Fridays and I'll show movies like the Big Combo and the Maltese Flacon. Then January will be like, oh I don't know... how about Lattes with Lynch? Ok, well I probably won't be showing too many David Lynch films given he loves his films full of gratuitous nudity, but either way, you get the idea.

Ok. Enough blogging. I'm off to watch Robert Frank shorts with Tom.

Love yous!
xoxox

1 comment:

Shali said...

Oh Charity... you're so awesome! And guess what? I'm coming to Vancouver again! I'm coming to Victoria on Sunday and then heading over to Vancouver Wednesday. I would love to hang out Thursday if possible during the day. I will be staying downtown on Burrard St - is that travelable from you? Then Friday I'm going back to Victoria for my beautiful friend, Jena's art show, and then back to Vancouver for a thesis interview, and then flying out Sunday. You should also consider coming over to the island Friday night for the art show. Unfortunately I can't offer you a place to stay - but I can guarantee the show will be awesome! Love you!