Friday

August 8

Things I am grateful for today:
  • doing yoga and failing
  • the kindness and generosity Matt and I have received from the few people we know in Vancouver
  • Commercial Drive
  • My walk through Yaletown with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (I've been listening to the song More News from Nowhere on repeat).
  • the Skytrain
  • My new and cheap The Texas Chainsaw Massacre t-shirt.
So those are the little sundries of my day that made me smile. There's really lots of other things that made me happy today when I think about it.

I'm trying to think about those things more.

In other news:
  • I started training for the crisis line at the Vancouver Rape Relief Centre and Women's Shelter. It's pretty awesome. My first Tuesday was a giant spoonful of delicious feminist sugar. It made me really miss my ladies back in Halifax.
  • I still haven't found a job. Poopy, yes. But I still haven't given up hope. I'm holding the recent turn in the Canadian economy responsible.
  • Matt got a job. Woot! It's an audio-visual job. Basically, Matt gets to geek out all day about soldering, Plasma TV's and digital projectors.
  • Tom took a shit on our walk today. There was a wrapper in his... ahem, discharged waste. I didn't get a good look at it but I'm pretty sure it was a granola bar wrapper.
I'm sorry. This was the best I could do for a blog. I'll have something a little more proper for you guys next time.

Special blog-o-loves for those who commented on the last entry and a HUGE blog-o-love to Shali and Steve who are getting married tomorrow. I don't normally get this excited about weddings but the idea of these two cats getting married makes all giggly and weird, like when I see a puppy.

Hugs and kisses for everyone!
xoxoxox

1 comment:

Shali said...

Thanks for all the blog-o-love or loveblogness, or whatever it's called! I'm married!!!! So crazy! I was feeling your love from afar and definitely busted out some dance moves in your honor! We'll show you the video once it's edited.

Glad to hear you've started at the crisis centre. And the job stuff will sort itself out. Maybe the employment fairy is waiting to unleash something wonderful after I've already visited so that we don't have to contend with some god-awful 8 - 4 schedule when we're trying to party. Or maybe she's waiting until I'm there so that I can take you out for a celebratory drink for scoring such a wicked job!

Well, the party continues out here post-wedding. My dear friends from the Taiwan chapter are kickin' around until we head out west, so I'm going to go drink some wine with them underneath the stars.... Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, p.s. I got your postcard! It was amazing! you have the neatest handwriting ever! I heart Nancy Drew!