Friday

May 30


i
Matt, Tom and I are driving through Quebec as we speak and are about forty minutes from Quebec City. The drive today has been great. It’s sunny and warm and the roads in Quebec are significantly better than those in New Brunswick. Still windy though.

ii
It's technically the 31st but I haven't slept yet so it still counts as part two of the travel log.

Matt, Tom and I made it to Ottawa. I feel like I've finally made it to the little tree covered island in the middle of the lake. It's such a relief. I feel like these last two days were potentially setting the tone for the rest of the trip. And so far, so good. I feel really great.

Our first night sleeping on our little foam mattress built into the back of the Trooper was fabulous fun. It was a tight squeeze and maneuvering around was precarious to say the least but the stars were bright and obvious, the noises of the quiet campground were creepy like ghost stories. I loved it. Until I had to get up and let Tom out for a pee and drink of water. I'm pretty sure I acquired some bruises during the dismount out of the Trooper bed, on top of almost losing Tom in the darkness of night but we survived and woke rested and ready for a long day of driving.

The day was a perfect day for running away. It was sunny and barren like a good Tom Petty song, which Matt and I listened to a lot of today. We also listened to Stephen Colbert's I am America... and So Can You audio book. Funny. I suddenly feel like hating women and joining the Republican party.


Anyway, I'm done for now. I've drank some wine and ate some delicious pizza and visited with some of my most favorite people. I need to go to bed.

Love you guys and I hope you are all enjoying my crazy, wine induced musings.

xoxo


No comments: